What we're up to
Do you love teaching microbiology? Do you take pride in making microbiology easy to learn and helping students succeed?
We’re building a Medical School Bootcamp to help students excel on their foundational sciences exams and are looking to team up with passionate teachers to create it.
Why join us?
- Join a team that values and is obsessed with creating the best educational content for our students. We value quality over quantity and take pride in the work we publish. We believe students can see and feel the small details that show we care about their success.
- Compensation starts at $25/hour (and up commensurate with experience)
- Remote work - work from home on your own terms
Who are we and how do you fit in with this?
We’re a test prep company founded by teachers for teachers. Our Dental Admission Test (DAT) product is used by 97% of all pre-dental students, and the reason we stand out is because we’re obsessed about creating the best content possible for our students.
We receive messages like these every day at DAT Bootcamp.
We have also created a great anatomy resource, Anatomy Bootcamp, to help students ace their gross anatomy laboratory and lecture exams. We currently have over 10000 medical students learning with us.
Our focus over the next 12 months is to create video explanation lessons and practice questions for microbiology. These practice questions will be used by healthcare students across the globe as they prepare for their exams.
What it's like working at Team Bootcamp
What an ideal candidate looks like
- Super passionate microbiology TA, teacher, or tutor
- Available for more than 10 hours a week for the next 12 months
How to apply
Use loom.com and Google slides to make a screen recorded lecture teaching students about the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Keep your video under 10 minutes.
Be sure to address the following:
· General characteristics of H. pylori (size, shape, function, classification)
· Means by which H. pylori infection is commonly transmitted
· The environmental factors in the human body that allow H. pylori to thrive
· How H. pylori infection can lead to the formation of ulcers in the GI tract
· Diagnosing H. pylori infection
Feel free to use images from across the internet to help you make your video. It won't be published and is just for application purposes.
Here's an example of Lance reviewing the different types of muscle:
What I like about this video
· Strong visual component (colorful, use of diagrams)
· Use of memory tools and mnemonics to help assist learning
· Presenter feels natural in teaching (ie. not reading off a script)
You can then include your Loom video link and fill out the application here: https://airtable.com/shrUEIYb2vu8W0VOi
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Not the subject you were looking for?
Check out the links below to our other postings:
Know someone else this would be a great fit for? Refer them to this post and we’ll pay you $500 if they're a successful hire (still working with us 90 days after start).